For more than 90 years, the Heard Museum has been welcoming visitors from around the world into our galleries and sculpture gardens to experience firsthand the beauty and power of American Indian art, history and culture. At this extraordinary moment in time, we believe that the need for art has never been greater. We believe in its ability to lift people up, and to give them hope, comfort and strength. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to the Heard Museum and are taking numerous precautions to create a clean, comfortable and enjoyable visit. Whether you are returning, or new to the museum, we are working to ensure not only a world-class experience but a safe one, too.
In line with CDC and Arizona State Department of Health Guidelines the Heard Museum outlines changes to our procedures, policies, operations and how you can help.
Please check back for updates.
We ask any visitors who feel unwell, have a fever or other symptoms to please stay home. We will be happy to refund your visit or honor your ticket for a future date.
Visiting the Museum
The museum galleries, shops and the Coffee Cantina will be open to the public starting June 9, 2020.
The Courtyard Café is temporarily closed.
For Your Safety
- Face coverings are required at this time for staff and visitors in indoor spaces
- Social distancing will be enforced – parties that are not visiting together should maintain 6’ distance or more from other parties
- Disposable face covering and gloves are available upon request and free of charge
- Museum attendance will be limited to 100 per hour, max capacity 240 visitors
- Online pre-purchase admission is strongly encouraged for all visitors
- Addition of more than 20 hand sanitization stations throughout the museum
- One-way directional signs have been installed for all indoor gallery spaces
- Increased hourly sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces
- All indoor docent led tours have been suspended
- Select small and interactive gallery spaces have been temporarily closed
- A complementary stylus is also available at our admissions desk for use with our touch screen and interactive displays
- All programs such as Museum Yoga and Scene and Heard Film Series have been suspended until further notice
Please visit our event page for the most current schedule
- On-site access to the Library and Archives is by appointment only from Tuesday through Friday until further notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday - Sunday||10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|Members Only early entry|
Saturday & Sunday
|9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Exhibition Schedule Updates
The museum is pleased to extend three Heard Museum original exhibitions that were originally scheduled to close during the recent closure:
In addition, our next Grand Gallery exhibition will reopen later this summer:
- All staff who are unwell, feel sick or have a fever will be required to stay home
- All staff are required to wear a face mask
- Staff temperature checks are conducted daily
- Heard Museum is encouraging remote work and alternative schedules to reduce the amount of staff present at the museum
- Plexi barriers have been installed at all point-of-sale systems
How can you help the museum?
COVID 19 FAQ’s
When is the best time to visit the Heard Museum to avoid crowds?
Peak traffic tends to be mid-day, from around 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m but can vary from day to day. Weekdays tend to be less busy than weekends.
Am I required to wear a mask?
Yes, a mask is required to visit the Heard Museum. The CDC does recommend wearing masks in public especially for those in at risk groups. Free masks (and gloves) are available upon request.
I bought a ticket but now I don’t feel well or cannot attend. What do I do?
Please stay home. We will be happy to refund your purchase or honor your ticket at another time. Please contact Visitor Services at 602.252.8840 or email@example.com.