Heard Museum Hours & Admission
Your visit to the Heard Museum includes 12 exhibition galleries, free guided tours, outdoor sculpture gardens, a renowned café, a contemporary art gallery and trading-post style shopping, plus much more.
Museum Galleries Hours
|Monday to Saturday||9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|returns Feb. 3; until then, usual Friday admission and hours, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The exhibit, Remembering Our Indian School Days: The Boarding School Experience, will be closed for one day only on Thursday, Dec. 1, due to ongoing museum construction. The exhibit will reopen at 9:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 2.
- The Heard Museum will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day. The museum will close at 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 24. The museum will reopen for regular hours at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 26.
- The Heard Museum will close at 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31. It will be open for regular hours, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., on New Year’s Day, Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017.
The Heard Museum, the Heard Museum Shop, Books & More and the Courtyard Café are open 361 days a year – every day except Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Please note, prices for admission and events are subject to change. These prices do not reflect special event ticket prices, such as for the Hoop Dance Championship or the Indian Fair.
|Students (college with I.D.)||$7.50
|Children 6-17 years||$7.50
|Children 5 years and younger||FREE
|Heard Museum Members||FREE (Join today!)
|resumes Feb. 3; until then, general museum admission 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Public Guided Tours
Guided tours are included with admission and are offered daily. Hear from experienced docents as they share about the artists, cultures and artwork featured in the museum’s galleries. Free public guided tours are offered daily at noon, 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Tours include the signature exhibit HOME: Native Peoples in the Southwest at noon and 3 p.m., and a Highlights of the Heard tour at 2 p.m.
Please note that our public tour schedule is subject to change on major holidays. Please check prior to your visit.
Bring your group for a personal guided tour or special experience. Tour and lunch packages are available. Custom tours can be arranged.
School tours are available for grades K-12 in several museum galleries.
Wheelchairs are available for loan during normal museum hours. Just check in with the Security staff at Visitor Services. Please note that wheelchairs are not available during special events such as the Hoop Dance and Indian Fair.
- Photography for personal use only is permitted unless otherwise noted.
- No flash, video light or tripods are allowed in the galleries.
- Copyright for many works of art in the museum rests with the artists. The Heard Museum does not assume liability for violation of copyright law by a photographer (Title 17, United States Code).
- During the Hoop Dance Contest, Indian Fair or other performance venues, photography for personal use only is permitted during the performances unless announced otherwise. Please ask competitors or their families for permission to take photos outside the arena.
- Photography of any kind may not be used for publication without written permission from the museum and/or artists.
- Commercial photography is prohibited unless prior arrangements (including compensation) have been made with the museum.
- Credentialed members of the media may contact a member of the marketing staff for more information concerning photography of public events or museum galleries.