Heard Museum Hours & Admission
Your visit to the Heard Museum includes 12 exhibition galleries, free guided tours, outdoor sculpture gardens, a renowned café, a contemporary art gallery and trading-post style shopping, plus much more.
- The Heard Museum will close at 3 p.m. Friday, March 6, to prepare for that evening’s Best of Show Reception & Dinner. The museum will reopen at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 7, for the start of the 57th annual Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Third Street a block east of the museum will be closed between Thomas Road and Moreland Street (south of McDowell) from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 14, for the 32nd annual Phoenix St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The main entrance to the museum at Central Avenue and Encanto Boulevard will be unaffected by this closure.
Museum Galleries Hours
|Monday to Saturday||9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|6 to 10 p.m.
The Heard Museum, the Heard Museum Shop, Books & More and the Courtyard Café are open 361 days a year – every day except Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
|Students (with I.D.)||$7.50
|Children 6-12 years||$7.50
|Children 5 years and younger||FREE
|Heard Museum Members||FREE (Join today!)
(6 to 10 p.m., except March)
Please note, prices for admission and events are subject to change.
Public Guided Tours
Guided tours are included with admission and are offered daily. Hear from experienced docents as they share about the artists, cultures and artwork featured in the museum’s galleries. Free public guided tours are offered daily at noon, 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Tours include the signature exhibit HOME: Native Peoples in the Southwest at noon and 3 p.m., and a Highlights of the Heard tour at 2 p.m.
Please note that our public tour schedule is subject to change on major holidays. Please check prior to your visit.
Bring your group for a personal guided tour or special experience. Tour and lunch packages are available. Custom tours can be arranged.
School tours are available for grades K-12 in several museum galleries.
- Photography for personal use only is permitted unless otherwise noted.
- No flash, video light or tripods are allowed in the galleries.
- Copyright for many works of art in the museum rests with the artists. The Heard Museum does not assume liability for violation of copyright law by a photographer (Title 17, United States Code).
- During the Hoop Dance Contest, Indian Fair or other performance venues, photography for personal use only is permitted during the performances unless announced otherwise. Please ask competitors or their families for permission to take photos outside the arena.
- Photography of any kind may not be used for publication without written permission from the museum and/or artists.
- Credentialed members of the media may contact a member of the marketing staff for more information concerning photography of public events or museum galleries.