If you’re a member of the media, the Heard Museum is ready to assist you.
Heard Museum Media Contact:
Direct media requests to Todd Vigil, email@example.com
Media General Information
Heard Museum Shops Fact Sheet
2019 Audited Financials
2018 Audited Financials
Larger Than Memory Media Kit
Press Releases & News
Forbes | Bank Of America Teams With Leading Art Museums Through New ‘Masterpiece Moment’ Program
Visit Arizona includes Heard Museum in its ‘Insider’s Guide to Phoenix’ article.
AZ Foothills Magazine: ‘The 2021 Heard Museum Hoop Dance Contest Goes Virtual’
Press Release | All At Once: The Gift of Navajo Weaving exhibition opens
Press Release | Heard Museum’s annual Hoop Dance Contest is going virtual
AZ Central includes Heard Museum’s First Friday event with Chip Thomas and Esther Belin in their “December Must-See Arts Events.”
Heard Museum included in Forbes.com travel article on Uptown Phoenix
Chicago Tribune and The New York Times include Heard Museum in article, “How to Staycation in 6 American Cities.”
Press Release | Holidays at the Heard – Nov. 27, 2020 through Jan. 1, 2021
AZ Foothills Magazine: ‘Heard Museum Announces New Grand Gallery Exhibition: “Leon Polk Smith: Hiding in Plain Sight”‘
Press Release | Heard Museum Explores One of the Great American Artists of the 20th Century with New Grand Gallery Exhibition
DTPHX: ‘The Heard Museum: A Staple Thing to Do in Phoenix Since 1929’
RVMattress.com includes Heard Museum in top 20 list of Arizona attractions to visit
New York Times: ‘Movies and Museums Are Coming Back. Should You Go?’
Larger Than Memory named “Best Art Exhibit” in Phoenix New Times’ Best of Phoenix 2020
Wiki.ezvid.com names Heard Museum one of the 5 “must see” museums in the Western U.S.
Indian Country Today: ‘Larger Than Memory’ is larger than life at Phoenix museum
Henry Luce Foundation: Survey of Contemporary Indigenous North American Art Opens at Heard Museum
AZ Family profiles Larger Than Memory and interviews Chief Curator Diana Pardue and artist Stephen Yazzie (Diné/Laguna)
AZ Red Book: Heard Museum Presents ‘Larger Than Memory’
New Times Arts Roundup features Larger Than Memory: Contemporary Indigenous Art from North America
Wide Walls Magazine: Surveying Contemporary Art From Indigenous North America
Artful Jaunt: A Show of Indigenous Artists in Phoenix Has Questions For Museums Everywhere
Press Release | Heard Museum’s largest exhibition of contemporary Native art, Larger Than Memory, opens Sept. 4
Smithsonian collaboration helps the Heard Museum reunite Yup’ik masks
ASU Cronkite News: School-to-prison pipeline has deep roots in tangled history of tribal schools
ANDREW W. MELLON FOUNDATION AWARDS MAJOR GRANT TO HEARD MUSEUM
Heard Museum’s Away From Home: American Indian Boarding School Stories Wins 2020 AASLH Award of Excellence
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awards major grant to Heard Museum
Press Release: Heard Museum Announces Full List of Participating Artists for Larger Than Memory Exhibition
Heard Museum Reopening Media Advisory
Red Book includes articles on Larger than Memory and Hoop in its April 2020 travel issue (see pages 13 & 18)
New Times includes Heard@Home in list of favorite creative spaces online.
Heard Museum is no. 1 on the list of Destination Mundo: The 5 Best Things to Do in Phoenix, Arizona
Hyperallergic reviews Maria Hupfield: Nine Years Towards the Sun
March 24, 2020 | Message from the Heard Museum CEO concerning COVID-19
Downtown Devil recommends the Heard Museum Digital Library in their article, “How To Keep Yourself Occupied At Home.”
Heard Museum Temporarily Closed.
Scheduled to reopen April 6th, 2020.
Travel website Lonely Planet names Heard Museum one of the best art museums in the US
Exhibition Press Release: Larger Than Memory
ArtDaily: “The Heard Museum presents David Hockney’s first exhibition in Arizona.”
PR Newswire : “The Heard Museum presents David Hockney’s first exhibition in Arizona paired with Indigenous California Basketry.”
Heard Museum Reopens Landmark Boarding School Exhibition, Away from Home: American Indian Boarding School Stories
Josef Albers in Mexico Press Release
Heard Museum Guild Announces 61st-Annual Indian Fair & Market, March 2-3
Heard Museum to present original exhibition featuring rare works by Henri Matisse and the Native Alaskan Masks that inspired him
Andrew Mellon Foundation awards Heard Museum Fellowship grant to support textile conservation
Large-scale exhibition of masterworks by T.C. Cannon opens at Heard Museum
Iconic Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera exhibition extended through Sept. 4, 2017
Press Release- World Championship Hoop Dance Contest Results 2017
- Photography for personal use only is permitted unless otherwise noted.
- No flash, video light or tripods are allowed in the galleries.
- Copyright for many works of art in the museum rests with the artists. The Heard Museum does not assume liability for violation of copyright law by a photographer (Title 17, United States Code).
- During the Hoop Dance Contest, Indian Fair or other performance venues, photography for personal use only is permitted during the performances unless announced otherwise. Representatives of recognized media must present identification to a marketing/public relations department representative in order to receive a credential to cover such events. Freelancers must present to the marketing/public relations department a letter from his or her recognized-media client(s) showing he or she is covering our event as their contractor. Please ask competitors or their families for permission to take photos outside the arena.
- Photography of any kind may not be used for publication without written permission from the museum and/or artists.
- Commercial photography is prohibited unless prior arrangements (including compensation) have been made with the museum.
- Credentialed members of the media may direct their inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information concerning photography of public events or museum galleries.