Volunteer for the Fair
There are more than 30 committees that work on various aspects of the Indian Fair & Market. Some of the activities offer direct contact with the artists while others deal with behind-the-scenes operation. There are positions to fit everyone’s schedule, interests, and talents. With over 700 time-slots available during the Fair weekend and numerous positions available before the Fair, we will have no trouble matching your skills and available time with meaningful tasks.
Volunteering for Fair is FUN and REWARDING!!! As a special thank you, your volunteer badge entitles you to free admission both Saturday and Sunday regardless of when you volunteer!
For more information and to volunteer, contact Richard Borgmann, via the Volunteer for the Fair form on the Contact Us page.
As an Indian Fair & Market volunteer, you play a pivotal role in the success of the Fair.
Here are a few tips to help make your experience fun and easier.
- Plan to arrive early for your assigned work shift. Parking is always tight, especially if you are working in the afternoon. If possible, consider taking the light rail to avoid the hunt for a parking space.
- Wear your Name Badge. Badges are available for pick-up at the volunteer booth at the Monte Vista entrance. Wearing your badge throughout the weekend will help visitors identify you as someone who can help.
- Bring your SMILE and your sense of HUMOR. As volunteers, our main job is to make sure our artists and visitors feel welcome and enjoy their experience!
- Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes. Moving around the campus and being on your feet for periods of time is part of the fun, so please plan accordingly.
- Dress For the Weather. Wear sunscreen and bring sunglasses.It’s often chilly first thing in the morning, so think about dressing in layers so you are comfortable throughout the day.
- Drink Plenty of Water. We live in the desert–don’t let yourself get dehydrated!!!
- Make time to SHOP and visit the artists and performances. There’s so much to see and do–make sure you plan to enjoy all the Fair has to offer!
- Have Fun! You’re helping to make the weekend a huge success!!!!!
Thank you! We couldn’t produce this event without you!