‣ Maria Hupfield Nine Years Toward the Sun exhibition opening
‣ Maria will be activating exhibition pieces through live performance onsite
‣ DJ Miss Ginger spinning beats
‣ Pub Grub and Trivia at Courtyard Café
‣ Cash bar and Coffee Cantina will be open
‣ Museum entrance is included, Yosemite exhibition is extra
MARIA HUPFIELD: Nine Years Towards the Sun is the first in the Heard Museum’s newly established exhibition series of monographic shows for women and women identifying artists. The series of exhibitions will redress the impact women have made on and in the field of fine art, and will illuminate the rich bodies of work that women artists have created and continue to create to this day.
Maria will be performing in the gallery at 7 p.m., and DJ Miss Ginger, Ginger Dunnill, will be mixing beats all evening. Come experience this fun evening at the Heard!
Ginger Dunnill works in audio composition, sound installation and performance based art. Dunnill collaborates with artists globally, creating and performing work that inspires human connection and speaks on social justice. Dunnill is the creator of Broken Boxes Podcast, a project which promotes visibility for Indigenous artists, activist focused artists, Queer artists, women identifying artists, artists of color and lost/stolen heritage artists. She is also a founding member of Winter Count, an evolving collective of artists cultivating awareness, respect and protection for land and water.
Heard Museum Policies
Help us keep you and the artwork safe by:
‣ Remembering the artwork should not be touched
‣ Food and beverages (including bottles of water) are not permitted inside the Museum.
‣ Backpacks (large and small) can be checked in our admissions lobby as they may damage the art. Shoulder bags are allowed.
Getting Here by Light Rail
The closest station to the Museum is the Encanto/Central Avenue stop, See this link to download the metro light rail brochure, containing a full map, fare details and operating hours.
A limited amount of parking is available at the Museum. Light Rail, ride share, and bike share, and park-and-ride are highly encouraged
The museum has free general admission from 6 to 10 p.m. every First Friday except March. Last entry into the museum is at 9:30 p.m.
Friday, December 6
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm