Visitor Services Associate – Part-time
The Heard Museum seeks a part time visitor services receptionist and front desk associate with a friendly, outgoing personality and a positive attitude. Schedule will be some weekdays, weekends and occasional evenings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Shows outstanding customer service and visitor-centric best practices.
- Receive members and visitors, answer and direct incoming telephone calls, take messages and problem solve.
- Facilitate visitor flow in admissions area.
- Solicit Museum membership sales and assist with potential member questions onsite and over the phone.
- Sell admission and event tickets by accurately processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, debit and credit cards, refunds, and coupons. Correctly balance totals at end of shift.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Museumâs programs, exhibitions, collections, activities, staff and facilities in order to assist with visitor greeting and orientation.
- Assist with events and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Must have previous cash-handling experience, preferably on a Point-of-Sale ticketing system, and be comfortable handling money transactions.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, adhering to dress code provided.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and able to interact positively with visitors and work well with other employees.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn and a professional image in compliance with Museum guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to ensure the best possible experience for our visitors.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for scheduled shifts.
- Previous experience working in a museum, educational, historical or cultural setting preferred.
High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
Museum, Educational or Cultural Organization Experience Preferred
This position requires basic level math skills to be able to make and produce correct change for museum patrons and calculation of daily museum deposits.
Selected applicant must pass a background check to qualify for employment. This position is part-time.
To apply, send resumĂ© to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Part-Time Visitor Services Associate application or pick up an application at the Heard Museum Admissions desk at 2301 N. Phoenix Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004.
Clean as directed: indoor and outdoor facilities, galleries, front and back of the house, trash removal, recycle removal, sweep, mop, wax, clean glass, move objects, set-up and break down meeting rooms, remove and replace patio furniture, keep property clean and organized.
Available 7 days a week
High School education
- Longevity of at least one year on any job
- Custodial experience preferred
Other Significant Requirements:
- Good listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Work independently
- Ability to complete tasks as directed
- Knowledge of museum policies and procedures
- Good physical condition
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
Selected applicant must pass a background check to qualify for employment. This position is full-time, non-exempt.
To apply, send resumĂ© to email@example.com with the subject line: Custodian Application.